If a person has worms, the best broad spectrum drugs are prescribed to get rid of the parasites. Today we will try to tell you which are the most affordable drugs for worms used and give a list of them. Anyone can face such a problem, not only children, but also adults. Therefore, in this case, it is recommended to choose effective pills that provide fast and better treatment. What are these drugs that cleanse worms?
Types of medication
When choosing a remedy for parasites, you can use broad spectrum tablets, as long as you do not know the type of worms that live in the body. You can also take the necessary tests to determine the type of parasites, in which case you will no longer need broad-spectrum drugs. In this case, you can take medicine for a specific type of human worm.
Today there are up to 80 types of worms in the human body. These parasites infect the human body from the inside. In children, the most common types of worms are: lamblia, roundworms and pinworms. There is no need to take broad-spectrum drugs against them, and there are about 10 types of pills.
It is prohibited for a person to take certain types of medicines for viral and infectious diseases, during pregnancy, while breastfeeding and during menstruation.
Between them, all worms are divided into trematodes, nematodes and cestodes, each of which is distinguished by individual sensitivity to certain types of drugs. Tablets of the required action should be prescribed to a person depending on the type of worms, taking into account the age and general condition of the body. Only a doctor can choose the right medications for worms.
Tablets against nematodes and roundworms
This category includes pinworms, whipworms, roundworms and toxocaras. For the treatment of this type of worms, tablets and suspensions are prescribed.
Special chewable tablets prescribed by a specialist can also be used against worms.
Tapeworm and cestode tablets
This group of human parasites includes: diphyllobothriasis, tapeworm, tapeworm, sparganosis, echinococcosis, tapeworm and coenurosis. In this case, the doctor may prescribe tablets to cleanse the whole body as a whole.
You can also take pills to cleanse the whole body against dwarf tapeworm, malaria, nematodosis.
Tablets for tapeworms
This category includes liver parasites, cat fluke, Chinese fluke, lung parasites. With extraintestinal fluke, a specialist prescribes treatment using certain anthelmintic drugs.
Rules for taking medication
Almost all drugs have an effect on adult human helminths and they are not effective against larvae and eggs. If a person has had pinworms, they can get infected again. Therefore, after the treatment, it is recommended to start the treatment again after two weeks.
There is a reliable way against human worms: after the pills of the drug are taken in the morning, in the evening, you can put an enema to cleanse the body, drink laxatives. It is recommended to drink all tablets to cleanse the body of worms only after consulting your doctor.
You should understand that all drugs to get rid of parasites are very toxic, it is important to observe the dosage, take into account the patient's weight, treatment in the hospital may be necessary.
Taking medication for prophylaxis
If pinworms have been found in someone's body at home, it is imperative to take medication for various parasites in order to prevent them. There are often cases where scratchings can give a false result, but often children are infected with parasites. Eggs can be transferred between family members very quickly - through doorknobs, household items, pet hair, baby clothes, bedding, and other items.
Some doctors are against cleansing the body for prophylaxis because the pills are extremely toxic. Alternatively, you can take your worm medication today and get it tomorrow. It is important to monitor personal hygiene, adhere to the rule of personal cleanliness, wash hands before eating and after using the toilet. Change your laundry every morning.
It should be remembered that all means against parasites are extremely toxic to the human body, in particular they can be dangerous for children. Home remedies for prevention can include garlic, pumpkin seeds.
Other doctors, in turn, recommend elementary school students and preschoolers to take an anthelmintic every six months for preventive treatment. In a place with a large concentration of children, a worm infection often occurs and there may be no symptoms.
A child tries to maintain personal hygiene only from the age of six, so self-infection can occur. If a negative scratching is obtained, but nausea, severe itching appears in the anus, there is abdominal pain, it is necessary to consult a doctor, and the child should be temporarily isolated from other children. In this case, scratching is recommended three times.
Take medicine to cleanse the intestines against parasites:
- If there is an animal in the house.
- Man constantly interacts with the earth.
- If the baby arrives in a closed children's group.
- One person regularly travels to different countries.
- Likes to play volleyball, football, fishing, hunting.
Worms in humans are quite common, they can appear during the period of childbirth, but it is forbidden to take drugs intended to cleanse the body at this time. These drugs have a toxic effect on the body, they can harm even more than parasites. From the second trimester of pregnancy, only the attending physician can prescribe treatment.
If a pregnant woman has pinworms, then there is no need to worry, you can easily get rid of them, because they do not live longer than two weeks.
There are various folk remedies for parasites that allow you to get rid of them quickly, without harm to health.
- Anti-worm collection. Mix one part of crushed dry herb knapweed, bitter wormwood, caraway seeds, crushed dried pumpkin seeds with two parts of ground cloves. Add four parts of toasted flax seeds and chopped tansy flowers. Stir the collection, grind it in a coffee grinder and store it in a jar with a tightly closed lid. Take according to a specific scheme. On the first day - a teaspoon of collection on an empty stomach in the morning 30 minutes before meals, watered with a large volume of cold boiled water sweetened with honey. The second day is also in the morning and 30 minutes before lunch. From the third to the seventh day - one teaspoon in the morning, 40 minutes after lunch and before bedtime. No diet is required with this treatment. It is recommended to repeat the course with a week break.
- Chili. Adults are recommended to eat as many red peppers as possible (ground and fresh), if there are no contraindications to its use. Children are advised to eat plenty of fresh carrot juice and this raw vegetable.
- Garlic enema. A garlic enema can provide effective treatment for pinworms (knead up to 9 garlic cloves in a glass of warm water and strain).
- Complex processing. On the first day of treatment, the patient should eat liquid and mashed foods (liquid cereals, soups, yoghurts, mashed vegetables). In the evening, take laxative salt (25-30 grams of Epsom and Glauber salt for an adult). The next morning, put on a cleansing enema and drink a medicine made from pumpkin seeds on an empty stomach. Drink for 40 minutes, after two hours take a laxative. In addition, after 2 hours the patient should also eat, sometimes the worms may not come out immediately, but within 1-2 days. Therefore, on the second and third day, it is recommended to put an enema to cleanse the intestines once a day.
- Garlic and milk. Boil a large head of garlic in a cup of milk until tender. Filter the milk, wait for it to cool and put an enema in it, leaving it overnight: for an adult in a full glass, for a child - 70-100 milliliters, depending on age. Do a similar procedure throughout the week.
- Tincture of walnuts. Chop four tablespoons of young green walnuts and let infuse with a glass of slightly salted boiling water. Insist 25 minutes, then filter. Drink the infusion obtained throughout the day, alternating with laxatives. Used to eliminate tapeworms and roundworms.
- Tincture of tansy. Pour three tablespoons of tansy herb with a glass of boiling water, let stand 60 minutes, then filter. Take 3 to 5 times a day for a tablespoon.
- Absinthe tincture. Pour a teaspoon of dry herb bitter wormwood with two cups of boiling water, strain and let cool. Take the infusion three times a day, 1 to 2 tablespoons 20 minutes before meals to eliminate roundworms and pinworms.
- Onion tincture. Onions should be finely chopped, filling half the bottle and pouring vodka or alcohol. Insist for 10 days. For adults, take two tablespoons each day before meals twice a day. For children, the following recipe is suitable: chop an onion of normal size, pour a cup of boiling water, leave for 14 hours and filter. Drink 80 milliliters per day for 3-4 days. Use for the reproduction of roundworms and pinworms.
- Tincture of pumpkin seeds with wormwood. Combine bitter wormwood leaves and crushed pumpkin seeds in equal amounts. Fill the bottle a third of this mixture. Fill the rest of the bottle with vodka. Insist in a bright or warm place for seven days. Take a tincture twice a day, 50 milliliters 30 minutes before dinner and lunch. Drink for two weeks until the worms are completely eliminated.
Tablets for different types of parasites are recommended to be taken with extreme caution in young children, during breast-feeding, in the presence of kidney and liver diseases, in agranulocytosis, if the bone marrow is depressed. Children under six months old are very sensitive to these drugs.
Before starting treatment, it is important to check their reaction, if there is an allergy, it is necessary to change the drug. You should not self-medicate, because you can only harm your health.