Parasites in the human body can seriously damage human health. But you can defeat them. The main thing in this regard is timely detection and correct treatment.
Parasites in the human body: health risks
In most cases, people don't know they have parasites in their body. In addition, the parasite chooses not only the intestines as its habitat, but also other internal organs - the liver, gallbladder, etc. The helminthic invasion is asymptomatic up to a certain time, without causing particular inconvenience. But, despite this, it should be understood that infection with worms or helminths can cause serious disorders of the nervous and digestive systems, skin and allergic diseases, as well as deterioration of metabolic processes and premature aging of the body. According to some scientists, the presence of helminths inhibits the treatment of many diseases.
Parasite eggs enter the human body through dirty hands, unwashed fruits and vegetables, contaminated fish and meat, dirty water, blood-sucking insects, as well as through contact with theground. In order to prevent the appearance of parasites in the body, special attention should be paid to precautionary measures when treating pets - cats and dogs.
Signs of a parasitic infection
In most cases, helminthiasis, that is, infection of the body with a parasite, is characterized by the appearance of problems in the activity of the digestive system, general weakness andnervousness. But similar signs can indicate other illnesses. By the way, nocturnal grinding of teeth, which can also be attributed to symptoms of infection with worms, sometimes occurs due to a badly formed bite, otolaryngological diseases or nervous disorders. And a sharp decrease in weight in a patient infected with worms is already observed at an advanced stage. The danger of helminths lies in the fact that they have the ability to camouflage themselves well. And yet you need to know what symptoms appear that indicate infection with this or that type of worm.
Signs of Ascaris:
- significant increase in temperature;
- dry or wet cough;
- rashes on the skin;
- trouble sleeping and grinding of teeth;
- the onset of sharp pain in the right side;
- decreased appetite;
- stool problems.
Signs of pinworms:
- itching sensations in the anus;
- loss of appetite;
- dryness in the mouth;
- frequent urge to go to the bathroom, sometimes not true;
- sleep disturbances;
- the presence of cracks in the anus;
- nocturnal incontinence.
At the slightest suspicion of the appearance of parasites in the body, you should immediately seek help from a specialist who will perform the necessary tests and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Remedy for parasites: diagnosis and treatment with drugs
Parasites cannot exist independently and feed on the resources of their "host". Therefore, if the results of the tests carried out indicate that a parasite has settled inside the body, you should not delay a visit to the hospital. The treatment process is not easy, so it is better to carry out it under the supervision of a specialist. A self-prepared remedy for parasites, such as a tincture or enema, will not give a positive result. Competent and qualified approach will prevent the passage of helminthiasis to the stage of chronic disease.
Before starting drug treatment, the doctor suggests that the patient donate feces, urine, blood and sputum for laboratory tests. In addition, procedures such as ultrasound, tomography, endoscopy, and enzyme immunoassay will be prescribed. If worms are found in the body, the content of eosinophils in the blood increases and worm eggs appear in the feces. After reviewing the test results, the doctor determines what type of parasites the body is infected with. In order to get rid of each of them, separate treatment is prescribed. Usually in such cases the doctor prescribes complex therapy, including reception:
- anthelmintics against parasites, aimed at controlling a certain type of parasite;
- enzymes, hepatoprotectors, vitamins and drugs that increase the body's defenses;
- drugs that improve intestinal motility, as well as the process of bile secretion.
For maximum effectiveness, the doctor may recommend treatment in stages:
- The first step involves adhering to a special diet and starting to take medication to cleanse the gastrointestinal tract and improve the functioning of the gallbladder.
- The next step is direct therapy, which involves taking medication prescribed by a doctor.
- And the last step is the removal of the destroyed worms from the body.
Once all the parasites in the body have been destroyed and eliminated, it may be necessary to restore weakened vital functions and strengthen immunity. Activated charcoal or enterosgel can be used to remove toxins. And to increase the weakened immunity in the fight against the disease, immunomodulators are prescribed. The treatment of helminthiasis is cyclical, and a re-examination should be carried out only after one and a half to two months.
Used in alternative medicine recipes, such a remedy for parasites like onion and garlic can be a good helper in the fight against worms, but only as a means of increasing human immunity.
Measures to prevent the onset of helminthiasis
To avoid the possibility of helminth infection, you should follow some preventive measures:
- do not drink water from natural reservoirs and springs; without fail to wash vegetables and fruits before eating them;
- when buying raw meat you need to make sure it has a vet stamp;
- fish and meat must undergo prolonged heat treatment;
- wash your hands well before each meal and after contact with animals and the ground;
- keep the house tidy and respect the rules of personal hygiene.
Limit or exclude swimming in bodies of standing water.
Organize the prevention of parasites in the body for pets.